The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

December 24, 2012





Last year we were so excited to have a working fireplace. It had been 4 years since we had had a Christmas day fire crackling away in the wood stove! I decided to lean toward the conservative side and only purchased 2 Duraflame logs for the festive day... it would just have to do! Well, it was a bit chilly (even for Hawaii) as the magical day dawned, so we lit the fire. It then proceeded to warm the house so much that we had to strip down to shorts and tank tops because we were roasting. It was hotter inside the house than it was outside.... and in Hawaii, this is NOT a good thing! Needless to say, we only used one log and have not intentions of using the other one until we get back to the Pacific Northwest. This year we plan on putting the fire on the TV screen. It even has the sound of the crackling logs. Mele Kalikimaka!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment