The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14, 2011




We traveled to the other side of the island to learn how to surf.  The guys did the recon work yesterday and reported back it was perfect for beginner surfers.  That's us..... beginner surfers.  That is not us in the picture, but there were lots of girls out there, making it more comfortable for a few in our party.  Surfing requires a lot of balance, upper body strength, good timing and patience.   I only got up 3 times during the hour I was out, but it was LOADS of fun.  I'm hooked.  Surfboard has been added to my Christmas list!
White Plains Beach, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. I only tried to surf once in Costa Rica, and gave up after about 30 minutes. Good job to stick it out and get up 3 times! I'll try again someday

    ReplyDelete