The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011




Last night Dave spent some time packing up many boxes from his domain, making it possible for the boys and I to transport garage stuff today.  Since I don't set up this sacred space, it made for an easier day of moving.  While unloading the truck and stacking boxes I came across this ginormous creepy, crawly beast hanging out on our large patio sunbrella.   I called the boys over and was instantly corrected by Zach (thank you).... "Not a butterfly Mom, it's just the largest moth I've ever seen!"   I know not to argue with their superior knowledge of an ever growing range of subjects.  Anyway, the creature had a wing span of about 8 inches and flew around like a slow, drunken bat.  Lots of ducking heads and girly screams when it took flight trying to escape our staring eyes!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment