The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9, 2013




Apparently, apples did well this year.  Another neighbor decided they didn't want to deal anymore with harvesting the fruit from their 9 trees.  They got enough to make about 10 gallons of apple cider and they're finished for the year.  Well, this is what it takes to make about 2 1/2 gallons of juice -- about 1 bushel of apples.  I have bins and bins full of these apples!   I'm planning to brew up another 5 gallon batch of hard cider and my friend, Louise will come over later this week to do up a batch of the regular stuff for her family. If anyone needs a few apples just let me know!
Fox Island, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment