The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 25, 2011




Since September is the hottest month (on average) for Hawaii, we've been hitting the beach every afternoon to cool off.  Most houses on island do not have air conditioning and lately the breeze has been almost non existent.  Anyway.... while the boys were wrestling in the waves I noticed several little crabs scurrying on the beach, doing their best not to get stomped on by un suspecting beach strollers.  During a lull this little guy graciously posed for me and my camera for over 40 shots.  Good boy!  If you look closely at the grains of sand you might be able to determine what size he is.....  less than 1 inch from claw tip to claw tip.
Kailua Beach, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment