The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011




We had our first (of the school year) Home School Group field trip today.  Thanks to Karen Charney, 30 students and their parents were able to spend the morning at the Hawaii Pacific University Marine Biology Research Center on Coconut Island.  We all got to ride the ferry, troll for plankton, use the microscopes in the lab,  rummage through nasty, stinky kelp for sea life creatures, check out some sharks, sea cucumbers and giant puffer fish and be outdoors for the morning.   Here's a group shot with most of the kids who participated.  Again, a great big thank you to Karen for setting it up!  Maybe we can do the Coco Head trail next month.....
Coconut Island, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment