The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 2011




I had to stop on the side of busy Kalaheo Road to get a shot of this tree for today.  It is just one tree, a Banyan Tree, not a grove of them as it may appear.  I told the boys it reminds me so much of the Tree of Life.  They vehemently argued that it looks nothing like the Tree of Life which happens to be much shorter, is covered in graffiti and is in the middle of the nowhere desert.   True, the real Tree of Life is all those things .... and in Bahrain.  We went and saw it with our own eyes while we were in the Middle East.  I was thinking more along the lines of the man-made version in the center of The Animal Kingdom at Walt DisneyWorld in Orlando, Florida.  Another location we visited while we were residing in that state.  Very different trees.... all three.
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment: