The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011




The boys are in the final testing phase for the calendar year.  These phases take about 3-5 days to complete covering 8-10 subjects depending on the grade level.  We have eight per school year.  Today for P.E. testing we decided to take on the full 6 mile Lanikai Pillbox trail hike.  Here's a shot from the highest point of the climb (778 ft above sea level) looking toward Seal Rock and the Mokapu'u Lighthouse.  After seeing the building storm clouds our goal of "just finishing the hike" changed to "finishing the dirt trail portion of the hike before the rain showers hit."  With a stepped up pace we did accomplish our goal and even made it to our street before the sprinkling began.
Lanikai, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment