The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012




Well, those darn wildlife creatures didn't follow the rules again!  I decided to take the boys to the North Shore for some sun, sand and snorkeling.  We hit Shark's Cove first to get in the water and swim with some fish, manta ray and turtles.  The sun was bright and the water was clear (and a bit cold for us!) making it a perfect time for viewing from the snorkeling level.  We finally packed it up when the tour buses came in to drop off a few crowds.  We then went down to sit on the rocks to watch the Hawaii Green turtles feed.  We watched at least a dozen turtles foraging for algae and sea kelp in the surf.  This wild and crazy guy popped up right next to me to squirt me with some water to help cool things off.  Hawaii law prohibits people from coming within 6 feet of these beautiful endangered species.  
Lani'akea Beach, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment