The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 14, 2013




While participating in the annual Fox Island rummage sale I met my neighbor who has many apple trees in his yard.  By the end of our short conversation I was named "keeper of the apple trees."  It turns out my neighbor hates dealing with the apples and would love to have someone pick them and take them away.  Here's is a small sample of what I got when I stood under 2 of the trees -- just reached up and plucked them off the branches!  This batch was peeled, cored and diced into a pie and large pot of apple sauce.  The harvest over the next couple of weeks will be enough to last through the winter!  Recipe ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.
Fox Island, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment