The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013




Another day for apple picking.... after a long run in the woods with the Dirty Girls first.  So far this week I've made 3-4 gallons of pasteurized apple cider for everyone to enjoy.  Today I made 3 gallons of the unpasteurized nectar and will do the same tomorrow so I can start brewing a hard cider.  With all this juicing going on, I'm left with a large amount of apple pulp that I can't bring myself to throw away.  So.... what can I do with it?  I used some in the meatballs I served for dinner the other night and the family declared them the best I've ever made.  The pups like it mixed in with their dog food.  I think I'll even try to bake up a batch of doggie treats later next week.  And... I mixed up a couple of bottles of apple ginger ale the boys can sample next weekend.  
Fox Island, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment