The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012




This is a photo dedicated to my friend Karen Ellis who cannot be exposed to outdoor light for an extended period of time.  Hang in there!
For me, it was a gorgeous day to be out on the water.  While the boys were sailing, I went out on a standup paddle board to get some exercise.  The mangrove area was smooth as glass out on the Bay.  I paddled around in the mangroves, over the sand flats, around the reefs and most of the way to Coconut Island before heading back in.  Without the winds I really started to work up a sweat, so at one point during my return home I dropped down and rolled off my board for a refreshing dip in the calm waters!
Also, a loud shout out to my Dad... Happy Birthday Daddy!
Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

1 comment: