The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012




Does this count as eggs for breakfast?!?!  No, just kidding.... sort of.  Yesterday, the boys and I needed to make something using the egg whites we had left over from our weekend Banana Pudding fest.  Our discussion soon turned to some of our favorite European baked sweets.    A treat we all really enjoyed were the fancy merengues and the wide array of unique flavors available.  Because we also had some lemons from the neighbor down the street, we decided to try our hand at a Lemon Merengue.  They're petit rounds, crisp on the outside and just a bit sticky on the inside.  Just like in France!  Now Nate wants to try making croissants and pain au chocolat.... oh boy!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment