The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012




I think I have a slight dilemma.   This guy shows up in the backyard 3 days ago with an injured wing, but won't let us get within 10 feet of him.  When I first found him, I looked as if he was on death's door and wouldn't make it through the day.  Since I hate to see animals suffer, I tossed out some bread pieces and placed a bowl of fresh water close to him.  Fast forward to this afternoon... he's looking much better, hopping and walking around, but obviously is not able to fly away.  So.... now what?  I've called animal control, but they won't even bother coming out for a pigeon.  I'd love some suggestions from any of you who have any sort of birding experience!
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is a dilemma... any little girl neighbors that want to take it home and mother it? I don't have any advice, but here's our somewhat similar bird dilemma story - http://thewridefamily.blogspot.com/2009/07/bye-little-bird.html Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete