The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012




Happy New Year!   I'd like to say I enjoyed typing the title today.   I did it without mistakenly keying in 2011.  I'm sure for the first few weeks of this year, like many of you, I will automatically write, say, type or refer the former year as the new until I have it burned into the (exponentially decreasing) long term memory space of my brain.
Funny thing about Hawaii law..... it is illegal to set off fireworks of ANY kind without a permit.  All kinds of explosive devises from snaps to giant flower starbursts are available all over the island, including in the grocery and drug stores.  They can be purchased by anyone 9 years of age and older.  Boy, oh boy!  Well, I think every other house in Kailua must have somehow obtained a permit because we had a fantastic show all around us at the stroke of midnight to help ring in the new year!
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. I was a little sad thinking that your pictures and posts were just a 2011 goal thing, so glad to see you keeping it up in 2012 too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete