The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012




I was determined to share a snapshot of our newly opened (nearly a year behind schedule -- welcome to Hawaii) Whole Foods Market today.  Unfortunately, after just 5 minutes of being jostled and nudged around in the 'busting at the seams' crowded store I was so overwhelmed I had to just get out.  To settle my nerves, I strolled down the street to my favorite book store, Bookends.  I find it cozy that every flat surface and, in the case, lots of the floor space is covered and/or piled high with books.  The entire store is a jumble of books everywhere with their own method of organization.  It's enticing maze-like atmosphere reminds me a little of The Shakespeare & Company in the Latin Quarter of the 5th arrondissement of Paris.  Plus, they don't mind people sitting down amongst the stacks to peruse the books.
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment