The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, July 26, 2013

July 25, 2013




A friend's daughter was asked to sing our National Anthem at the Tacoma Rainiers game last night.   So the boys and I were off to listen to Emily belt out a fantastic rendition in honor of our great country and take in a baseball game!  It was their second game. Ever.   Me on the other hand..... well, let's just say I lost count sometime around my freshman year in high school.  Having grown up in an athletic minded household,  receiving a hefty injection of the major American sports, I chose not to put so much emphasis on them while teaching my kids.  Yes, athletics are important, but I prefer to focus on health, fitness, well-being and team building rather than refining specific skills.  Anyway, it made for interesting conversation with the boys during the game.  A few facts learned:  They don't score points - they earn runs,  they don't play periods - they're called innings, they (usually) play 9 - not play just UNTIL 9... P.M., shut down the lights and go home.    And yes, the fans do get pretty serious about their baseball.  Regardless, we had a great evening and the Rainiers won the game 6-5.  In the 10th inning.  Ending at 10:30 P.M. 
Tacoma, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment