The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013




Boy Scout Troop 282 from Gig Harbor conducted the annual Veteran's Day Ceremony at Skansie waterfront park today.  In previous years, the weather has ranged from sideways rain to light drizzle and always frigid cold.  We were due for a sunny one and that's exactly what we received.  Every Scout from our troop had a part in honoring our veterans today.  Zach was in the honor guard, firing the 21 gun salute, Sam spoke on the history of the United States flags and Nate participated in the flag disposal service.  Since we only have a bugler (who did perform taps), a young firefighter volunteered to play the bagpipes for us.  Thank you veterans.
Gig Harbor, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment