The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17, 2011




Here's what the moon looked like at 4:00 am this morning.  I was up early getting ready for the Wahine 1/2 Marathon in Honolulu.  I had the pleasure to run it with my friend (and neighbor!) Laura Thoroman.  An okay start for jumping back into the racing circuit and a 3 year break.
Kailua and Honolulu, Hawaii

3 comments:

  1. Great shot of the moon! What kind of camera are you shooting with? I too enjoy getting outdoors and snapping photos as often as I can get the time to do it. Wahine ½ marathon…good for you! I get on the treadmill at least 3 times a week to “keep it together” during the winter months here in Washington State but would love to eventually work up to your level of ambition. From your pictures, Hawaii seems like a really amazing place to get out and explore. It’s one of the few places in the U.S. that I’ve never been. Anyway, liked your blog and your photos…keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trail Guy, I'm using a Nikon D60. It's just a middle of the road camera these days, but I love it! So far, we have thoroughly enjoyed our time here in Hawaii, but I am from the Pacific Northwest. The running there is the best in the world! We are looking forward to eventually settling down there sometime in the future. Thanks for checking out the website and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

    Tiffanie, thanks!

    ReplyDelete