The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012




Another pigeon?!?!  No, same one.  We've named him Hector.  He's been recuperating in the backyard, living off the water and whatever food we toss out there to him.    So why another picture of Hector?  Happy Ground Hog Day!   And..... earlier today while playing outside, our cute little puppies rolled in a pile of smelly, gross yuckiness and needed a thorough scrubbing.   Because the boys left the back door to the house open (probably because they're being raised in a barn!) I think Hector decided he might like to take our friendship to another level and needed to check out the prospective digs.  Since he can't fly yet (due to a damaged wing) he must have waddled through the house to this perch (one of my foyer chairs), from the back of the house all the way to the front.  After being greeted (enthusiastically, of course) by two strawberry scented, squeaky clean fluff balls, I believe Hector has since done some soul searching and would rather spend his time outside.   I'm just thankful he didn't make a mess!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment