The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012





These may not be an every day fruit in your market, but here in Hawaii the dragon fruit is common.  Just because we see it on a regular basis does not mean it's affordable.  Even during peak season these tender beauties are still somewhat pricy -- about $6 per piece.  It's about the size of a large apple.  My next door neighbor, Susan, decided to beat the market at their own game and grow here own this year.  Her gardening friends told her first year plants NEVER produce any fruit, just the pretty white flowers. Really?!?!  Well, Susan... you grow girl!!!!  She said when she harvests she would bring over a few slices so I could taste it.  In the meantime, I'll have to be content with the two giant avocados she asked me to pick off her tree to share with my family.  
Kailua, Hawaii 

No comments:

Post a Comment