The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15, 2011




The weather was agreeable today so we decided to take a picnic lunch out to the Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden in Kaneohe for Botany lessons.  It's a beautiful park with many, many, many different plant and tree varieties from all around the world.  This is the Egg Fruit tree indigenous of Malaysia, but cultivated in the Hawaiian islands in the 1940's.  It is sometimes referred to as the Wonder Fruit tree because when ripe not only is the taste of the egg fruit rich, unique, sweet and highly nutritious, with high amounts of carotene and vitamin A, but it's also a great source of protein and vitamin C.  Regardless, I think we'll have to visit the park a few more times so we can take in all of it's magnificent beauty!
Kaneohe, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment