The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011




We had a lot of rain last night and late into this morning.  It makes the boys want to drink hot chocolate or spiced warm cider with breakfast even though the temperatures are still in the mid 70's.  Silly boys.  This is a shot of the neighbors Rose-flowered Jatropha tree in their front yard.  This one happens to be the size of a large (towering over my head) draping type tree, which is considered unusual.  On Oahu, this tree is kept small (shrub size) and used around the Malls and hotels to liven up these areas with it's vibrant pink blossoms.  It took me a while to come up with the species name because I was researching under red flower blossoms.....
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment