The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22, 2011




I had the honor of attending the 17th Annual Joint Spouses' Conference in Honolulu today.  This is a conference in which spouses of all ranks and rates from all our services on the island come together to experience a fun and informative day filled with workshops, lectures, meals and memories.  Here is a sample of some of the things I learned today.... the Way of the Lei and Chocolate Creations.  I also learned some beginner hula (no pictures needed there!), gardening in Hawaii, and Mai Tai and other drink mixing.  I even won the best original cocktail for my workshop group and for the entire conference.  This means I won lunch for 2 at the Koko Cafe, an over night at the Hale Koa Hotel and dinner for 2 at BIBAS in Honolulu.  Plus, the drink will be the featured beverage for November AND December..... and I get the bragging rights that go with it!  I think the most profound aspect was meeting and listening to CBS News Correspondent Kimberly Dozier.  She is a remarkable woman who has so much to offer to us, especially other military spouses.
Honolulu, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment