The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19, 2011




Since the boys have gone back to sailing 3 days per week and I did the house cleaning yesterday, I thought I would get out on the water with them today.  The seas started out calm and the winds were only about 7 knots.  Very nice conditions for kayaking.  As I left the protected marina and entered the bay, things picked up a bit.  Not too bad,  kind of nice getting a little push over to Coconut Island.  At times it even felt as if I was surfing some of the waves over that way.  Kind of fun!  This shot was taken right as I was paddling into the calm area between the island and the mainland of Kaneohe.  Some pretty big clouds were forming and rain was falling over the Ko'olau Mountains and into the valley.  No worries for me though, still pleasant on the water.  I even crossed paths with the kids sailing around the island in the other direction!   Emerging from the shallow waters of the coral reef I, all of the sudden, felt as if I was a Coast Guard Cutter plowing through some hefty waves, with sea spray even splashing in my face!  By the time I reached the cove where our marina is nestled (45 minutes later) I had legs and arms of spaghetti and it felt as if I had been tossed around in the perpetually flushing toilet!  No rain on me and a great workout so, all in all, it was another good morning afloat!
Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment