The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012




Today we started our first day of Hawaiian History lessons.   These are a couple of the textbooks we'll be reading.  We're all very excited to be adding this to the curriculum for the remainder of the school year.  Well, not all of us... in fact, none of the boys are exactly what one would called thrilled about it, but I sure am!  I'm hoping to reward them with a trip at the end of the Summer to the big island of Hawaii for some hiking, volcano exploring and beach time.  So....what did we learn today?  It's a state holiday in celebration of Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole and all schools are out of session for the day.  Good job, Mom!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment