The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011




Here is HSL-37 was doing some rescue training.  That's not the official term and I'm sure some of my HSL friends will soon being giving me a quick lesson (and I'm good with that!), but my encyclopedic young men are busy watching a Dog Fights episode and can't be bothered at this moment.  Anyway, there's a small boat (I think Coast Guard, but I could be wrong) in the water with people ready to jump in to be rescued.  The helicopter hovers over the subject while the rescuer is lowered down on a cable.  The rescuer then plucks the victim out of the water and the pair are brought back up to the helicopter.  Pretty cool to watch!
Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment