The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011




At the beginning of March I took over as the Bear den leader with our local Cub Scout troop.  Since many of the spouses are deployed or are just out of pocket for a while, we decided to be the ultimate Moms for Mother's Day and did a Bear Events Day.  In 2 1/2 hours we did a neighborhood hike, trash/recycling clean up, carved totems out of soap to earn the whittling chip, made pizzas from scratch for lunch (along with apples and grapes), discussed family grocery budgeting (and savings) AND started assembling our rockets for the upcoming Space Derby.  WOW,  what a day!   I do want to send out a very special thank you to Dillon and Megan Thoroman for beautiful lei for Mother's Day (and to their sMom and Dad for having us over for dinner).  I LOVE my Navy and Marine Corps family support system.
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment