The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011




Today being my birthday, I woke up (thanks to my 'early bird gets the worm" daughter and her 5am Happy Birthday text message!) thinking about how or what I was going to do to get a 'little more than normal' picture to share with you.  I then proceeded to spent a good portion of my morning run wracking my brain (and avoiding being hit by cars -- crazy drivers today) trying to come up with something witty or whimsical.  No luck in the idea department, but I did have a great run and a decent time!  Anyway.... I stepped into my air conditioned house (thank goodness because it's so muggy out there even at 6am!) resigned to just getting another hectic day rolling, only to be met by my 3 crazy, grinning boys and their cheers of, "Bonjour, Mama!  Bon Anniversaire, Mama!"  Despite their father having to be on travel, my sweet, considerate young gentlemen remembered my birthday.  Thank you guys,  I LOVE my present!
And yes, you still have to do school today.  Chop, chop!  Let's get moving!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment