The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7, 2011




The boys and I went on a Saturday field trip to the Iolani Palace in on the other side of the island.  My plan was to get some photos of the exquisite interior of the plantation like Hawaiian Royal abode, but photography was not permitted.  I did get to use the camera outside on the grounds where we found these incredible trees.  The 'trunk' Nate is climbing up is actually a grouping of branches that grew hanging down from the other branches until they took root on the ground.  They are so cool to see, climb on and swing from!  If you want to learn more about the palace go to http://www.iolanipalace.org/index.php/history.html
Honolulu, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment