The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011




I took Maggie (the Super Honda) in today for her dreaded annual inspection.  She didn't pass.  A ruptured CV boot leaking fluid is not good.  Off to the operation room..... ok, auto repair garage lift for a quick fix.  Well, it turned out to be not so quick.  So, why the picture of a Mt. Dew soda can?  I'm so glad you asked!  Let me tell you!  As I was sitting in the empty waiting room enjoying a TV marathon of House M.D., a young, harried mother pushes her way into my serene locale with a sleeping 3 year old thrown over one shoulder and a mobile phone pinned between ear and other shoulder, deep in whispered conversation the entire way.  She proceeds to set the angelic little Chase (that is his real name, no name change to protect the innocent.... you'll understand in a moment) down across a couple of chairs.  Of course the not so gentle process wakes him up.  Well, he's thirsty, so mom gives him a dollar to go buy himself a Mt. Dew from the vending machine.  So cute that he knows his way around the junk food machines at such a tender age.  Now, I'm not usually openly judgmental of other parents and their parenting styles, but sometimes certain actions (or lack of) do make me ponder a moment.  You see, little Chase, all hopped up on high octane rocket fluid, was a very thirsty (now energetic and loud!) guy.  This is a photo of his 2nd can of Mt. Dew.   Oh well, at least it wasn't coke in a baby bottle.  Needless to say, it was a long 2 1/2 hours in the repair shop.....
Kaneohe, Hawaii

1 comment: