The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011




Sam and I are heading over to Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens in Kaneohe for a Cub Scout camp out.  Before heading out I snapped a shot of this beautiful huapala plant.  They are a fast grower from Australia that usually blooms in January.  Here in Hawaii it's considered a common roadside plant that blooms year round.  Old timers say planting the huapala near the front door puts a curse on romance.
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. That picture looks like a Valentine's card - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete