The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011




This morning I stepped outside my front door to the sweet, luscious smell of this tiny flower.   It took me a moment to figure out from where the smell was originating because I couldn't imagine these petite clusters could pack such a powerful scent!  It's the mock orange shrub that runs the length of my driveway.  I discovered (from the scent trail while on my run) that they are in bloom and happen to grow all along the Lanikai Loop.  My research tells me this plant has made the Top Invasive Plants of Hawaii list, but I can't determine if this is good or bad.  These blooms also happen to be the number one choice in Hawaii for Wedding leis and bouquets because the overall aroma is so pleasing.  
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment