The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 2011




When I woke this morning all was quiet, except the waves of the ocean below.   There were very few clouds in the sky and no threat of rain, so I decided to walk the beach for some morning exercise.  We haven't been down to our beach in a long while because most of the sand has been swept away, exposing the rocks and making the area too treacherous for swimming and I was curious as to how things were looking these days.  Well, it's still too dangerous for me, but there were a few brave souls out (beyond the lava rock reef) catching some early morning waves.   The colors were just so brilliant before the sun completely rose above the crater (out of this frame and off to the right).  Along my trek, I happened across a total of 7 new golf balls that had gone astray.....  Upon my return up the hill from the beach, I promptly gave them to Jeep and Shannon who were heading down to the golf course.  It's best to keep them in circulation!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment