The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011




This morning the scouts took a field trip to the Bishop Museum in Honolulu.  The younger scouts were working on the Jurassic Patch and Geology belt loop or pin.  The older scouts were working on the Geology Merit Badge.  We toured the dinosaur display, visited with a geologist in the geology department and viewed the astronomy planetarium.  Lots of activities to keep young men (and accompanying sisters and parents!) very happy and busy.  We finished up at the museum with enough time to make it for the Sneak Peak preview of the soon to be released in theaters 'Captain America" movie.  I must say it's a REAL must-see action packed flick!  Hint: one must stay until after all the credits to see what is next to come.  While the boys and I were sitting in the air conditioned cinema, Dave and Jordan were sailing around in Kaneohe Bay in an 18 foot American day sailboat.  Not a bad alternative!  Rounding out the day is a backyard barbecue with the family.   All in all, another beautiful day in Hawaii.  Oh, how I love this place......
Honolulu, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment