The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011




This is the well known 'awapuhi (the w is pronounced like v) flower, also know as the shampoo ginger.  It really became a household name after famous hairstylist Paul Mitchell used it in his hair products line. The mature flower head is used for it fragrance, the slimy juices for shampoo and to quench thirst and the leaves to flavor meats or for medicinal purpose.  It's a very versatile plant and pleasant to see!  It also happens to be all over the place on the islands.
Kaneohe, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment