The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20, 2011




Today was our first day of standardized testing.  Home school families don't usually use and/or rely on these tests to measure student/teacher abilities.  We decided to sit for the Iowa test this year just to make sure we are still on track with our education goals.  The boys and I were very nervous at first because these are timed test and (really!) who likes those?  Thankfully, after the first section the attitude was, "No worries, all is good." Very Hawaiian.  The boys breezed through each section (7 for today) and mid-way were even joking with me about the testing instructions.... they are all the same regardless of the section.  Only 2 more days of this and we're finished (totally, officially) with school for a few weeks!  Well, except for French....
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. We went and saw "Soul Surfer" Monday night with our kids - made me think of your family, in Hawaii and homeschooling, you guys do a lot of surfing in between studies? What a great place to raise kids, the movie made me miss the beaches of Costa Rica too. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete