The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012




This is for all my Navy and/or aviation friends.  Yes, there are 2 new P8 Poseidons sitting out there on the tarmac next to the mighty (older) P-3 Orions.  They're here at Marine Corps Base Hawaii to take part in the annual Rim of the Pacific exercise.  RIMPAC is the world's largest multi-national maritime exercise lasting just over 4 weeks in and around the Hawaiian Islands.  This exercise provides a unique training opportunity that helps participants foster and sustain the cooperative relationships that are critical to ensuring the safety of sea lanes and security on the world's oceans.  
Dave noted the new P8 plane has flush toilets just like the regular airliners!  Thanks for that tidbit of info.  I don't think I needed to know that.
Kaneohe, Hawaii


No comments:

Post a Comment