The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012




In between rain showers and testing sections, the boys and I got out to stretch our legs and clear our brains.  As for the picture, I knew exactly what I was after and realized only this morning it was just around the corner from us.  I've seen this many time around the island lining the freeways, but never had a good opportunity to stop or even slow down to get the shot!  This is the yellow rainbow shower tree.  The masses of yellow and pink pea-shaped flowers are common in Honolulu and bloom from June through October. The brain clearing part comes from the boys being in the middle of their standardized tests. The yearly punishment is to make sure they're on track for their grade levels but  really it just measures my ability to teach.  So far, they're breezing through the exams and tomorrow will be a shorter version of today. 
Kailua, Hawaii 

No comments:

Post a Comment