The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4, 2012




We did some fun stuff today!  Sam and I marched with the Cub Scout troop in the Kailua town parade while Jordan, Zach and Nate stood on the sidelines to watch.  The Grana family joined us both marching and cheering.  Great job to our young men!  Then later in the afternoon, we hit the water with the Jernigan kids.  My boys have the Junior Olympic Regattas coming up next week and needed to get some time on the tiller, while their friends just needed some reaquainting with the boats.  My comment to the kids was, "I need some extreme sailing close up shots, so be sure to get close.... and SMILE!"  Well, here's Sam on one pass getting close.... about 2 inches from crossing over my stand up paddle board!  I like his look of, "Is that what you meant?"  It's good to be back on the water! Unfortunately for our area, the big fireworks display was cancelled due to lack of funding.  That must be why it's cloudy and raining this evening...
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment