The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012




I was a bit apprehensive about wearing my 5 finger shoes for my long trail running trip.  I had never done back-to-back 10+ mile days and didn't think my legs and feet could handle it.  Boy was I wrong!  Since we were told the first day was to be over very rugged and rocky terrain, I opted to wear cinderblocks... I mean regular trail running shoes.  I was miserable in them.  They felt heavy and clunky and foreign to me. Yuck!  So, for Day two I decided to give my Vibrams a go and hope for the best.  I woke for Day three feeling pretty good and threw caution to the wind and wore once more.  After two consecutive days and 30+ miles in them, my feet were a bit sore and my legs somewhat fatigued, but I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to conventional running shoes again.  Upon returning home to Hawaii, I was happy to see my new pair had arrived because the old ones are a bit dirty!  And SMELLY!  Anyone up for a run tomorrow?
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment