The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15, 2012




The USCGC Kukui is tied up to the Marine Corps Base Marina for a few days while they do some scheduled work in Kaneohe Bay.  The channel leading from the open ocean into the bay used to be nicknamed "Shipwreck Channel" because, due to poorly visible to nonexistant markers, boats had some difficulty navigating the narrow passage.  The Coast Guard will be using their crane to pull up, repaint, repair and re-secure all of the buoy channel markers.  They do this every year and it's been a necessary job for quite some time now.
Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii


No comments:

Post a Comment