The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012




This is my former neighbor and friend Sally's back lanai.  It's beautiful and well maintained, isn't it?  Well, Sally got into some hot water with the housing office for this.  Why?  Because the housing authority doesn't like the tenants (the military families they're here to serve) planting their own flowers.  What did she have before, you ask?  Just the 4 green shrubs around the fencing (they weren't trimmed up at all), dirt and weeds.   Shame on you, Sally!  How dare you make your (temporary) house a home.  I think your punishment should be to help design and plant all the beds around my house.  Thanks Sally and Julie for joining me for lunch today!
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment