The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10, 2012




The people of Hawaii revere the honu, or turtle.  We see pictures, models and stickers of them on vehicles, in the shops, on kayaks, boats and boards, jewelry.... and worked into the landscape and sculptures.  I've seen several of these mailboxes around town with the lava rock honu perched on top.  I liked this one in particular because it also has a banana tree just behind it with a giant bloom and is almost ready for harvest.
Kailua, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment