The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16, 2012




Really?!?!  At the end of last week, the boys and I baked up a couple of English muffin bread loaves just to try something new.  It was wonderful!  Light, moist and airy on the inside while crispy, crunchy on the outside.  Most definitely a keeper and a recipe to work into our normal bread making cycle.  As I was taking stock of the cabinets, refrigerator and pantry this morning I noticed we still had half a loaf of the scrumptious bread.  Around here, after 3-4 days our baked goods tend to start growing stuff, turn black and/or green and basically turn into the perfect lab experiments, so I knew what little bread I had left should be used today or go in the trash tomorrow.  Oven grilled Pepper Jack cheese sandwiches on thick slices of buttered English Muffin bread is what was made for lunch.  They were mouth-wateringly beautiful with their bubbling, lightly toasted buttered tops, golden crispy crusts and just enough gooey cheese oozing out the side when I finally pulled them from the over.  I was so excited to get a picture of them!  It must have been the irresistible aroma that beckoned the savages to the kitchen while I was getting my camera from the back room because this is what I found when I stepped back into the kitchen.  They were even trying to eat all the crumbs!!!  One would think I never feed my children by the way they were behaving!  All three of them scurried out of my sight claiming things such as school work needed to be finished, scout stuff had to be completed or French lessons should be reviewed..... whatever.  Not only did I not get a picture, I didn't even get half a sandwich!  Once again, happy for leftovers.
Kailua, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. too funny, I could totally see that happening around here, thanks for the smile! Lol!

    ReplyDelete