The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2, 2012




I helped Dave run his errands today.  On the leeward side of the island.  Honolulu.  It's busier, with lots more people, more traffic.  At one point we had time to kill so we hit the big commissary for the weekly shop.  The Pearl Harbor commissary (military grocery store) is almost three times larger than the one we normally frequent in Kaneohe on the windward (quiet and less populated) side of the island.... and has an exponentially greater number of shoppers.   And even though the two said stores are run by the same corporation, they are not set up in the same fashion.   Peanuts and popcorn should be across the aisle from the cereals, just down from the candy.... cheeses should be in the dairy case, not in the deli.... and why do you not carry our favorite yogurt or Italian ice when the little store does?!?!   Well, I guess I'm a creature of habit and I don't do well with change.  I think that's why this valley, the mountains behind it and the puffy clouds over head were such a welcoming sight when I pulled off the H3 and headed toward home.  
Kaneohe, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment