The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 14, 2013





I'm sure many of you were relieved when my beloved retired from the Navy and you thought you wouldn't have to put up with anymore aircraft photos. Well, so sorry. We happen to live close an Air Force base and still get to watch all the flight traffic. This afternoon we got a real treat! There must have been some formation practice going on because not once, but twice 5 of these giant C130 Hercules transport planes flew over the house. They are SO large they need a little extra room in between each one so I couldn't get more than 3 in one picture! This aircraft is incredibly versatile and is still widely used my the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard and Fire fighters as well as by many of our allies around the world. 
Fox Island, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment