The purpose of this page is to challenge me to open my eyes and truly see the world which surrounds me. So often we trudge though our daily routine, too busy or preoccupied to notice the little miracles happening all around us. I hope to capture, through the lens of a camera, glimpses of my sometimes mundane but glorious little world. I will attempt to post one snapshot each day to share with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 8, 2013





There's quite a bit of road construction going on in Gig Harbor this Spring. Since Nate has music lessons in town every Wednesday morning, we have to leave about 30 minutes before class in order to make it on time. We usually get stopped or slowed due to school buses and this detour. While waiting for traffic to start moving again, Nate asked what the big orange sign with the pigtailed girl on it means. I told him it meant a flagger was just up ahead and to use caution. He did the big, "Aaahhhhh" indicating his light bulb moment and new found understanding. After we got through the snarl and out of pure curiosity, I asked him, "What did you think it meant?" A bit sheepishly he stammered, "Well... the real people are holding slow or stop signs, not flags.... well, this sign looks like a girl is winding up to throw a doggy poo bag! There are a bunch of those signs in this area, so I figured there was a disposal place close by." 
Huh.... very different interpretations.
Of all the flagger signs out there, this one is my favorite because someone used a marker to give the person some pigtails!
Gig Harbor, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment